Friday, September 15, 2006

Rabbit, Run

"You're so money and you don't even know it! "


I certainly am. My long absence was due to a prolonged illness. Gout. No, rheumatism. Actually if we're going to get all technical about whether something is "true" or "false", I'd have to admit that I wasn't ill, it's because I have nothing of any real value or insight to say to anybody. But then in the depths of my self-doubt and existential trauma I looked around at other blogs, was vigorously and thoroughly disappointed and cheerily concluded that no-one has anything to say in them, either.

I send this out into the cosmos in the hopes that Stigmund and Jimlad will read it, and think a little about Goodthink, and maybe leave a charity comment and maybe even some spare change for a bottle of Buckfast and the Herald. Will blog for food!


RECENT NEWS!!

Going to try this Stigmund stylee - saw a movie Sunday last - Adrift* - excellent stuff. Mmm-hmm. As for the plot twist and the exciting narrative, let's just say, I'll never again get on a yacht with my five friends and a baby, and we all get in the water and no one puts the ladder down, and eventually we all die under horrific circumstances, notably a skull fracture, hypothermia and a stab wound, but the baby lives. No sir. And if, God forbid, the latter sequence of events should befall us, I'd use the knife in the side of the boat as a lever of some kind for the mother of the baby to climb on board and free the ladder - and before everyone died. Hope I didn't say too much. Worth a look, go see it. A worthwhile experience, and I'm always happy to pay someone 9.80 to scare the shit out of me and induce nausea. The chap I saw the movie with had quite a different opinion about the ambiguous and somewhat confusing end scene, so I'd love to hear what you, the great unwashed*, have to say about it, if indeed you have already seen the movie. Even if you are all uneducated peasants and will no doubt suggest something laughable/embarassing, still, all suggestions welcomed. If only for a snigger.




While we're discussing the astonishing amount of celluloid vomit I destroy my spare time with - no, we were, yeah - the new series of Extras*? Delightful. Gervais and Merchant, Godsent, the pair, but especially Merchant, he doesn't get enough kudos at all. For my birthday last year, I begged a sibling who lives in Ipswich to try and track Merchant down in London - I suggested he'd be skulking about the BBC - but to no avail. He didn't actually get round to looking for him, when I say to no avail, I mean when I requested it my sibling said "If I hear more thing about fucking Stephen Merchant I'll cut you, you stupid wench." One day.



I have an Elmo* toy which I re-discovered and have re-employed as chief guard against demons or floating corpses or dead people who want to scare me, he's on nightwatch in my room - but sometimes I wake up right next to his face, and his perfectly spherical white eyeballs staring directly into mine are quite unnerving and not a little terrifying, so he's going back into retirement. I could tie something around his eyes but then how could he see the supernatural no-goodniks that want to kill me in my sleep? I only hired him in the first place cos he's got no eyelids and can't shut his eyes.








Goodthink xx

“You take somebody that cries their goddam eyes out over phoney stuff in the movies, and nine times out of ten they're mean bastards at heart.”





*about there is where you'd click to link to some page about Adrift, or yachts, or movies or the likes but I as yet cannot link. If you're interested in any of the above, or would simply like to know more on the topic of boat related deaths or movies about boats, I suggest typing some carefully chosen key phrases into your Google search bar. Eg. - Boat death +knife +babies. Off you go.

*that's you!


* Type in "Extras" into your Google search box there.


* "Elmo +Sesame Street +Childrens Television Network"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked how they couldn't quite reach the Star-spangled banner, as America is all at sea, and when you find yourself in a spot of bother, the American Dream is a pretty flimsy concept to try an' hold onto?

Did you like that?

Your use of asterisks is simply breathtaking.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Stigmund.

I don't understand how that was Stigmund-stylee. What is Stigmund-stylee? I'm flattened that I have one. Completely. Truly.

Flattened.

More! *said with a leg of chicken in my mouth while wearing a robe and sitting on a fat armchair*

10:21 AM  
Blogger Goodthink said...

Stigmund stylee:

Adjective - in the style/guise of Stigmund, after the manner of Stigmund.

Can incl. - frequent references to popular culture/current events, with additional personal anecdotes, usually concluding with reference to or a quote from a moderately abstract source.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home